Council is the elected governing body of the BSHS. It consists of five Officers and nine Ordinary Members, who meet three times a year to discuss and approve Society business. Terms of office are as laid out in the Policies and Procedures (available to members by a request to the [email protected].) Nominations for successors to outgoing members of Council are sought from the whole membership each spring; new members of Council are elected at an Extraordinary General Meeting, held in the summer of each year and open to all BSHS members.
This page lists the members of the Society’s governing Council and other committees.
Advisory Members of Council
- Conferences Committee Chair: Dr Adam Mosley, University of Swansea
- Communications Officer: Nicola Sugden, University of Manchester
- Viewpoint Editor: Hazel Blair, University of Lausanne
- Archivist: Rebecca Fallas, University of Leeds
- Society administration in general is dealt with on a paid basis by the Executive Secretary, who plays a crucial role in the running of the Council, and attends its meetings.
- The Executive Secretary also supports the work of the Committees as appropriate.
- Contact: [email protected]