The British Society for the History of Science (BSHS) is looking to form a team of postgraduate ambassadors.
If you want to be part of the vibrant postgraduate community at the BSHS, benefit from access to the BSHS travel fund and have an unparalleled opportunity to organise a specialist postgraduate conference in your own field within the supportive BSHS environment, then we need you! Other benefits of becoming a BSHS postgraduate ambassador include the opportunity to network with, learn from and work alongside senior scholars in the field combined with the reduced cost of attending BSHS conferences, access to Viewpoint and the British Journal for the History of Science.
The role of ‘BSHS postgraduate ambassador’ involves:
- Emphasising the benefits of membership to postgraduates and academic staff in your School/University. http://www.
- Keeping the BSHS informed of research in the field of the history of science among postgraduates.
- Finding out what fellow postgraduates want from the BSHS and would like to see on its website. http://www.bshs.org.uk/
- Encouraging local postgraduates to write for the BSHS Travel Guide http://www.bshs.org.uk/travel-guide/
- Increasing the profile of the BSHS at the 24th International Congress of History of Science, Technology and Medicine in Manchester this July see: http://www.ichstm2013.com/
If you can spare a couple of hours a month, want to improve your CV and think you would be well suited for the role then please let me know!
Becky Bowd, BSHS CCC postgraduate representative