Forthcoming Meetings Organised or Supported by the BSHS
- 2018 European Society for the History of Science, 14-17 September 2018, London
We are delighted to announce that the BSHS will be hosting the biennial conference of the European Society for the History of Science (ESHS) in London. Further details will be posted soon.
Recent Meetings Organised or Supported by the BSHS
- 2017 Postgraduate Conference, 5-7 April 2017, Florence.
- 2017 Annual Conference. University of York, 6-9 July 2017.
- Science in Public. University of Kent, 13-15 July 2016.
- Three Societies Meeting. University of Alberta, 22-25 June 2016.
- 2016 Postgraduate Conference. 6-8 January 2016, Cambridge.
- 2015 Annual Conference. 2-5 July 2015, Swansea
- 2015 Postgraduate Conference. 7-9 January 2015, UCL
- 2014 Annual BSHS Conference. St Andrews, 3-6 July 2014.
- 2014 Postgraduate Conference. University of Leeds, 8-10 January 2014.
- 24th International Congress of History of Science, Technology and Medicine, July 2013, Manchester. See a photo gallery of images from the conference courtesy of BSHS Viewpoint editor Melanie Keene.
- ‘Making up Autism’ by Ian Hacking – Inaugural C. L. Oakley Lecture in Medicine and the Arts, 13 May 2013, University of Leeds
- 2013 Postgraduate Conference, 3-5 January 2013, University of Kent, Canterbury
- 2012 Three Societies Meeting, 11-14 July 2012, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
- 2012 BSHS Postgraduate Conference, 4-6 January 2012, University of Warwick
- Electrifying the City: Spaces and Places for Electricity in Twentieth Century Britain, (BSHS-sponsored). 19 November 2011. University of Leicester
- 2011 BSHS Annual Conference, 14-17 July 2011, University of Exeter
- 2011 BSHS Postgraduate Conference, 4-6 January 2011, University of Manchester
- 2010 BSHS Annual Conference, 22-25 July 2010, University of Aberdeen
BSHS Meeting Information and Archives
Annual Conference: the largest event in the BSHS calendar, the annual summer meeting was re-established in 2003 and welcomes contributors from all areas of the profession.
Postgraduate Conference: an equally important Society institution, the Postgraduate Conference takes place early in the calendar year and is organised entirely by, and for, postgraduate research students.
Interested in organising a meeting?
If you have a suggestion for a possible future conference, symposium or public lecture which you think would benefit from BSHS support, we’d like to hear it. The BSHS may be involved at a variety of levels ranging from overall organization to financial or in-kind sponsorship. See BSHS Support for Events for further details.