About the BSHS Outreach and Engagement Committee (OEC)
Who are we?
The Outreach and Engagement Committee (OEC) coordinates and directs the Society’s efforts to promote the understanding of the history of science, technology and medicine in a wide range of contexts, both formal and informal.
We do this through a variety of public events, supporting researchers to work with museums, festivals and schools, and through the provision of grants and awards. The committee also works to foster relationships between universities, museums and other institutions concerned with public engagement. To contact the committee, find out more about current projects, or discuss new suggestions, email [email protected] or follow BSHS Outreach and Engagement on twitter.
Current OEC Members
Chair: Dr Elizabeth Haines – University of Bristol ([email protected])
- Rachel Boon, Science Museum, London and University of Manchester
- Dr Anne Hanley, Birkbeck University of London (profile)
- Dr Allan Jones, Open University
- Katherine McAlpine, Queen Mary, University of London (profile)
- Dr Alison Moulds, University of Oxford / University of Roehampton
- Nicola Sugden, University of Manchester (profile)
- Dr James Sumner, University of Manchester (profile)
- Dr Sophie Waring, Science Museum, London