24 month fixed term appointment from 1 October 2011
£30,680 per annum
The Centre for the History of Science, Technology and Medicine at Imperial College London is seeking a 2-year postdoctoral research associate to participate in a Wellcome Trust-funded programme of research into the topic: One medicine? Investigating human and animal disease circa 1850-2015.
Your work package will focus on the recent history and present-day manifestations of the movement for One Health. You will take ownership of this research, while also working closely and synergistically with other members of the research team.
You will have a PhD in the contemporary history of medicine, or a medically related area of science and technology studies. You should be research active, have a strong publication record, and be committed to engaging with scientists and http://noprescriptionpharmstore24.com health care practitioners.
- To conduct research into the emergence of One Health as a self-conscious movement, c1970-present day. This will include analysis of its motivations, institutions, activities and achievements; and the identity, backgrounds, goals and agendas of its key personnel.
- To attend national and international conferences on the theme of One Health, in order to build connections with, and interview selected participants; to raise awareness of the CHoSTM research programme; and to disseminate its findings.
- To construct a database of personnel, institutions and publications relating to One Health, and a website dedicated to the research programme
- To attend regular team meetings and reading groups
- To publish research independently and contribute to the programme’s joint outputs.
- To contribute to the research culture of CHoSTM by participating in research seminars, reading groups and PhD training seminars.
- Further information about the Centre for the History of Science, Technology and medicine is available at http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/historyofscience.
Our preferred method of application is online via our website at http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/employment. Please select “Job Search” then enter the job title or vacancy reference number SS 2011 077 TAA into “Keywords”. Please complete and upload an application form as directed.
For more information or if you wish to informally discuss this post please contact Dr Abigail Woods, [email protected]
Closing date: Thursday 30 June 2011
Interview date: Wednesday 13 July 2011