College of Physicians of Philadelphia – Project Director, Virtual Museum of Immunization and Vaccinology
Location: Pennsylvania, United States
Institution Type: Nonprofit Position Type: Director
The College of Physicians of Philadelphia seeks a Project Director to create the Virtual Museum of Immunization and Vaccinology. The Virtual Museum will be a Web site to provide the public with a reliable online source of information on the history and technology of immunization. The Web site will chronicle and educate the public about the historical contribution of vaccines and man-made antibodies to human health by presenting the most extensive online source of information detailing the history and technology of immunization. The virtual museum will be designed to appeal to multiple audiences, with three specific target groups: educators and students; parents; and healthcare professionals. The museum will combine a traditional Internet format with more innovative Web 2.0 components.
Qualifications: Requires a minimum of three years professional experience developing and managing Web-based educational programming with science content. Also:
* Experience in project management to include the definition of goals and audience, strategic planning, articulation of objectives and measures of performance, evaluation (with experience in formative and summative evaluation of Web-based programs), negotiation with contractors, and coordination of external advisors.
* Ability to communicate scientific concepts to diverse audiences orally and in writing.
* Superior multi-tasking and time management skills.
* Proficient in MS Word and appropriate Internet tools.
* Ability to work collaboratively as well as working independently.
* Required: master’s degree, preferably in science education with undergraduate degree in a scientific or technological field, or combination of experience and education.
Salary: Negotiable in the $50k to $70k range commensurate with experience and the potential for growth.
To apply: ELECTRONIC APPLICATIONS ONLY. Send application, a cover letter, résumé or c.v., and contact information for three professional references, addressed to the Search Commiittee at the email address:
[email protected]. Deadline for applications: February 10, 2009
The College of Physicians is an equal opportunity employer.
For information about The College of Physicians please visit the Web at: http://www.collphyphil.org/index.asp
Electronic applications only to: