This leading international journal publishes scholarly papers and review articles on all aspects of the history of science.
History of science is interpreted widely to include medicine, technology and social studies of science. BJHS papers make important and lively contributions to scholarship and the journal has been an essential library resource for more than thirty years. It is also used extensively by historians and scholars in related fields.
A substantial book review section is a central feature. There are four issues a year, comprising an annual volume of over 600 pages. BJHS is published by Cambridge University Press.
- ISSN: 0007-0874
- EISSN: 1474-001X
- BJHS Preview: Issue 1, 2016
- BJHS Preview: Issue 2, 2016
- BJHS Preview: Issue 3, 2016
- BJHS Preview: Issue 4, 2016
- BJHS Preview: Issue 2, 2015
- BJHS Preview: Issue 3, 2015
- BJHS Preview: Issue 4, 2015
- A message from Dr. Charlotte Sleigh, BJHS Editor, April 2015
Cambridge Journals Online operates our online services (some require subscription):
- Table of contents and alert service
- First View, access articles prior to their appearance in print
- Digital archive, volume 1 to the present (1962- )
- Request a free sample issue
- Instructions for contributors
- Instructions for publishers with books for review
- Advertising information
Further details, including advertising rates, institutional subscription information and instructions for contributors, are available on CUP’s BJHS pages.
Editor: Dr Charlotte Sleigh (University of Kent, first point of contact for authors, [email protected]).
Administrative Assistant: Mrs Trish Hatton (submission of papers, [email protected]).
Book Reviews Editor: Dr James Stark (University of Leeds, [email protected]).
BSHS members receive a subscription to the journal.