The following books was shortlisted:
- Thomas Dixon, Science and Religion. A Very Short Introduction (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2008)
- Richard Holmes, The Age of Wonder. How the Romantic Generation Discovered the Beauty and Terror of Science (London: Harper Press, 2008)
- Ruth Richardson, The Making of Mr. Gray’s Anatomy. Bodies, Books, Fortune, Fame (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2008)
- Matthew Stanley, Practical Mystic. Religion, Science, and A. S. Eddington (Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 2007)
- John Waller, A Time to Dance, a Time to Die. The Extraordinary Story of the Dancing Plague of 1518 (Thriplow, Cambridge: Icon Books, 2008)
Thomas Dixon’s Science and Religion: A Very Short Introduction (Oxford U.P., 2008) was announced winner of the 2009 Dingle Prize at the President’s Dinner on 4 July
Information about the BSHS Dingle Prize.