Call for proposals special issues of Centaurus for 2018 and 2019
Call for Papers: Special Issue of Centaurus – Extended Deadline to March 15, 2017
Regularly Centaurus, the Official Journal of the European Society for the History of Science, publishes issues dedicated to a special theme. They are the result of an annual Call for Proposals. Past issues include:
– Russian Scholarship on the History of Science in Russia.
– Electricity and Imagination
– How Do Writings in the Early Astral Sciences Reveal Mathematical Practices?
In the pipeline:
– Scoops, Scams and Scuffles. The Construction of Prehistoric Knowledge in Newspapers.
– Artisanal Culture in the Early Modern Iberian and Atlantic World.
– “A High Kind of Natural Magic”: Francis Bacon and Giovanni Battista Della Porta.
Selected for publication in 2017 and 2018
– Tercentenary of D’Alembert’s Birth (1717-1783). A Review of the Latest Research.
– The Promises of Science. Historical Perspectives.
Now, the editorial Board of Centaurus solicits proposals for special issues for 2018 and 2019.
Proposals should include the following:
- A description of the topic and its significance (approximately 500 words).
- A list of 4 to 8 contributors, and a title and paragraph describing each contributor’s individual essay.
- A brief c.v. of the guest editor(s), who do not belong to the editorial board.
- A schedule of production.
Usually 80-100 pages (40,000 – 50,000 words) are available for a special issue. The guest editor(s) may raise money for additional pages, if desired. All topics that belong to the scope of the journal can be chosen. See the website of the journal:
The committee selecting the special issues will be composed of the editorial board and ESHS members. Criteria include the quality and interest of the proposal, the expertise of the guest editor(s) and the feasibility of the project.
Deadline: proposals should be sent to the editor (at the address below) no later than March 15, 2017. The results of the selection process will be announced in June, 2017.