The British Society for the History of Science is looking for a new Editorial Assistant for Viewpoint. This is the Society’s full-colour, non-technical magazine which exists to publicise Society activities to members and non-members alike.
- Proofreading: checking the magazine for typos/design errors in the final stages of the editorial process
- Keeping abreast of relevant news in the field for possible inclusion in the magazine
- Writing the occasional news story
- Editing the occasional short text
- Some picture research
- Generally liaising and working with the Editor to deliver a high-quality publication
- A background in the history of science, technology, and medicine is preferred but not essential
- Excellent eye for detail
- Excellent standard of written English
This role would suit someone interested in a career in academia or publishing. For more about the magazine and to see our digital archive, visit: http://www.bshs.org.uk/publications/viewpoint.
If you think you might be interested in this position, please send a CV and sample news story (< 350 words) to Lucy Santos (BSHS Secretary, [email protected] ) and Hazel Blair (Viewpoint Editor, [email protected],uk). Deadline for applications: Sunday 31 March 2019. Please note, this is a voluntary position.