Annual Conference of the History of Science, Technology and Medicine Network Ireland
In Association with the RDS Library and Archives
13th and 14th October 2017
Deadline for submission of abstracts: 26th May 2017
We are pleased to announce the call for papers for the annual History of Science, Technology and Medicine Network Ireland Conference, which will be held at the RDS
Library & Archives.
A goal of the network is to establish a forum for academics at all career levels.
Proposals for papers from established, early career, postgraduate, undergraduate and researchers without institutional affiliation are welcome.
Abstracts addressing all aspects of science, technology and medicine are welcome.
Papers need not necessarily have a wholly historical focus nor be centred on Ireland.
Potential areas would include (but are not limited to):
* History of medicine and health
* Archival Material relating to Science, Technology and Medicine
* The body
* Military and maritime science and technology
* Philosophy of science, technology and medicine
* Medical humanities
* History of psychology, psychiatry and emotions
* Computing history
* Ethics surrounding science, technology and medicine
* Oral history of science, technology and medicine
* Gender and science, technology and medicine
* History of engineering
* History of earth sciences
* History of communication technology
* Medieval science, technology and medicine
* Science, technology and medicine in education
Abstracts of 250 words for a twenty minute presentation and a short biography should be sent to [email protected] on or before 26th May 2017.
For information about the HSTM Network, please see: www.hstmnetworkireland.org
For information about the RDS Library & Archives, please see: www.rds.ie/library
Margaret Buckley (HSTM),
Senan Healy (RDS Library and Archives) & the HSTM Committee