Call for Papers for the Social Science History Association Annual Meeting to be held in Chicago, November 21-24, 2013
Submission Deadline: February 15, 2013
The Economics Network of the Social Science History Association invites submissions of paper abstracts and panels. A panel consists of four papers and a chair and commentator. Incomplete panel submissions are welcome and we will work with you.
Our network welcomes submissions related to economics and business, whether or not associated with the themes and topics below. Submit them here: http://www.ssha.org/conference-submission
The theme of the conference is ‘Organizing Powers’ exploring how relations of power are organized. Sessions fitting this theme may be honored by being listed on the program as presidential sessions.
Several anniversary or timing-related sessions have been suggested:
- 100th anniversary of the 16th amendment establishing the federal income tax in the U.S.
- 100th anniversary of the establishment of the Federal Reserve and Department of Labor
- 100th anniversary of the publication of Charles Beard’s Economic Interpretation of the Constitution.
- Economic history of philanthropy or private provision of safety nets
- Recent release of transcripts from Bretton Woods
- 120th anniversary of Frederick Jackson Turner’s presentation in Chicago of “The Significance of the Frontier in American History”
If interested in being a discussant of these topics please contact us personally.