BSHS Postgraduate Conferences
The BSHS Postgraduate Conference is an annual event, with recent meetings held in Manchester, Florence, Cambridge, London, Leeds, Canterbury, Durham, Brighton, Warwick, and Oxford. Postgraduates in all areas of the history of science, technology and medicine throughout the world are welcome to attend and give papers. Each conference is organised entirely by postgraduates from the host institution, and provides an ideal opportunity to meet fellow researchers and gain valuable early conference experience.
Postponed: 2020 BSHS Postgraduate Conference (University of Leeds)
We regret to announce that due to travel restrictions related to COVID-19 we have taken the decision to postpone our Annual Postgraduate Conference, which was due to take place at the University of Leeds between 1st and 3rd April 2020. Click here for more information.
Would you like to bring BSHS PG to your institution?
The BSHS welcomes proposals from postgraduates keen to organise future meetings in the series. Your initial contact should be the BSHS Communications Officer: email [email protected]
- 2019: Department of History and Philosophy of Science, University of Cambridge, 10–12 April 2019.
- 2018: Centre for the History of Science, Technology and Medicine (CHSTM), University of Manchester, 4-6 April 2018
- 2017: European University Institute, Florence, 5-7 April 2017
- 2016: University of Cambridge, 6-8 January 2016.
- 2015: UCL Department of Science and Technology Studies, 7-9 January 2015.
- 2014: University of Leeds, 8-10 January 2014.
- 2013: University of Kent, Canterbury, 3-5 January 2013
- 2012: University of Warwick, 4-6 January 2012
- 2011: University of Manchester, 4-6 January 2011
- 2010: University of Cambridge, 5-7 January 2010
- 2009: University of Manchester. 7-9 January 2009.
- 2008: University of Leeds. 3-5 January 2008.
- 2007: University of Durham. 4-6 January 2007.
- 2006: University of Brighton. 4-6 January 2006.
- 2005: University of Cambridge. 5-7 January 2005.
- 2004: University of Manchester. 6-8 January 2004.
- 2003: London Centre for the History of Science, Technology and Medicine. 4-6 November 2002, featured in Times Higher Education.
- 2002: University of Oxford. 18-19 December 2001.
- 2001: University of Leeds. 9-10 January 2001.
- 2000: University of Cambridge. 10-12 January 2000.
- 1999: University of Manchester. 11-13 January 1999.
- 1998: Science Museum, London. 7-8 January 1998.