The History and Philosophy of Science (HPS) Division of the School of Philosophy at the University of Leeds is holding a
POSTGRADUATE OPEN DAY on Saturday 29 January, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the Michael Sadler Building, University of Leeds Location map: http://tldynamic.leeds.ac.uk/leisure/alphabet.asp
You will have the opportunity to meet staff of the HPS Division, and find out about:
* Research interests of Division members in history/philosophy of science, technology and medicine: Geoffrey Cantor, John Christie, Steven French, Graeme Gooday, Jon Hodge, Greg Radick, Chris Timpson, Jon Topham and Adrian Wilson.
* MA courses in HPS at Leeds: (1) History & Philosophy of Science; (2) Gender Studies with HPS (parented by Centre for Interdisciplinary Gender Studies); (3) Science Communication (provisional for 2005)
* Research degrees in HPS at Leeds: (1) PhD; (2) M.Phil.
* Funding opportunities, including School of Philosophy studentships (now increased to £10,500 per year) and University Scholarships – see information at http://scholarships.leeds.ac.uk/
* Application procedures and advice on funding applications
Lunch will be provided free of charge. Travel bursaries for up to £35 are available – enquire as below.
Please reserve a place through Adrian Wilson or Graeme Gooday, and let us know your special dietary requests (if any).
For more information visit the Leeds HPS website: http://www.hps.leeds.ac.uk/