Venue: Brotherton Room, Special Collections, Brotherton Library, University of Leeds. Monday 25 June 2007 16:00 – 19:00
Aims of the workshop: a) to illustrate HPS staff & students’ work on the Education Museum’s science collections b) to share campus science & medicine curators’ perspectives on their collections c) to consider the prospects for a future history of science museum
Tea will be served at 15:30 with an opportunity to view some of the Education Museum science collections in the Brotherton room.
1. Welcome & introduction 16.00-1605 Graeme Gooday
2. Rediscovering the Education museum’s science collections 16:05-16:35 Greg Radick, Claire Jones, Lisa Hobson, Josep Simon, Annie Jamieson.
Discussion and comment 16.35-16.50
Short break to look over collection displays and network 16:50-17:00
3. Preserving the scientific and medical collections on campus 17:00-17.30 Contributors to include Pat Harkin (Medicine), Patricia McConnell (Anatomy), Denis Greig (Physics), Liza Giffen (University Archivist)
4. Building a museum of the history of science 17:45-18:00 Greg Radick to lead discussion
5. Wine reception 18:00-19:00
This workshop is supported by a University of Leeds Faculty of Arts Enterprise and Knowledge Transfer Grant.
REGISTRATION FORM (please reply by Thursday 21st June 5pm):
I would like to register a place the CHR Knowledge Transfer Workshop on University of Leeds science collections on 25th June 2007
UNIVERSITY DEPARTMENT OR EXTERNAL ADDRESS:
Please email this form and related registration enquiries to Mark Westgarth, CHR Workshop administrator, [email protected]
For enquiries about the workshop content please email Graeme Gooday at [email protected]