The British Society for the History of Science operates the following grants schemes:
- Master’s Degree Bursaries: up to 4 bursaries of £4,000 each to support students taking a master’s degree in the history of science, technology or medicine. This round of awards will be available to those who have been accepted on a master’s programme for the academic year 2014-15. The deadline is 30 June 2014 (there will not be a September round this year).
- Research Grants: small grants for specific research purposes, from £50 to £500. There are two cycles per year. Only members of the Society are eligible. Deadlines: 30 September and 31 March each year.
- Butler-Eyles Travel Grants: grants of up to £250 to assist with the travel costs of attending a BSHS conference. This grant is open to independent scholars and student members of the Society only. There are multiple cycles: candidates should apply by the registration deadline for the relevant conference.
- Special Projects Grants: grants, usually from £50 to £1500 in value, to fund ‘special projects’ which promote the general aims of the BSHS. There are two cycles per year. Only members of the Society are eligible. Deadlines: 30 September and 31 March each year.
- Care Grants: grants of up to £100 towards delegates’ care arrangements during the BSHS Annual Conference.
- Conference Grants: a grant of up to £2000 along with administrative assistance to organise a a BSHS conference on any aspect of the history of science broadly conceived.
The Society also supports the organisation of conferences and events, but not through these grants schemes. For more details of the support available to conference organisers, see BSHS Support for Events and also our main Conferences and Outreach pages.
All applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org